The Aspire Library is a very popular place at Braunton Academy and is used daily by students to exchange books, complete homework, revise and read. The beanbags and sofas are particularly sought after!
We are open from 8.30am until 4.15pm every day, hosting Homework Club after school for any students who need a quiet place to work and access computers, as well as getting a bit of extra support from the supervising members of staff.
It is also used throughout the school day, chiefly by GCSE groups completing coursework, intervention sessions, and regular English lessons where students complete their termly Star Tests and browse books.
Braunton Academy uses the Accessit Library Management System which comes with an app on our RMUnify page, allowing students to access the system on their own profile to reserve, browse and review books. The dashboard is regularly updated with any library news, as well as a reading list based upon a monthly theme.
The room itself is located in a fantastic position at the front of the school, and overlooks green hills, some of our sports facilities and other areas of the school.
- World Book Day – celebrated by activities run throughout school as well as in the Library.
- Carnegie Shadowing Book club – This runs from March to June every year.
- Word Millionaire Kindle draw at the end of each academic year.
- School Library Service competitions.
- Library Assistants - a small group of students help during lunchtimes.
- Safe Space club - every Friday lunchtime during week 1.